Den ursprungliga XX-modellen, XX1 var den första pickupen som hade de två patenterade teknikerna ”magnetic flux damper” och ”softened magnetism”.
The The DV XX-2 MKII retains the benefit of the flux damper but features the Alinco-5 magnet and the similar rigid construction to the Te Kaitora Rua. Alnico magnets exhibit high magnetic flux density combining with a low coercive therefore magnetic resistance is lower than other magnetic types such as rare earth and ferrite, providing the exceptional stability of the XX-2 MKII output voltage. There is also the additional advantage of low magnetic and electrical resistance contributing to a discernable improvement in sound quality.
The XX-2MKII also exhibits deep powerful bass, treble is both clear and lively possessing none of the hardness found in many moving coil designs.
The XX-2MKII also features a 6 mm solid boron cantilever fitted with a Pathfinder Line contact stylus. PCOCC (pure copper ohno continuous casting process) copper wire is used for the coil. The output voltage of 0.28mV is higher than that of the XX-2 and 6 ohms impedance are suited to most moving coil phono stages.
For ridgity of construction the XX-2 MKII cartridge body is machined from 7075 aluminium the hardest available. However, having only a total weight of only 8.9 grams it is suitable for a variety of popular tonearms.
* Type: Low output moving coil cartridge with Alnico magnet and Flux damper
* Output Voltage: 0.28mV (at 1KHz, 5cm/sec.)
* Channel Separation: 30 dB (at 1KHz)
* Channel balance: 1.0 dB (at 1KHz)
* Frequency response: 20 – 20,000Hz (± 1dB)
* Compliance: 10 x 10-6 cm/dyn
* Tracking force: 1.8 – 2.2 grams
* Impedance: R=6 ohms
* Recommended load resistance: > 30 ohms
* Cantilever: 6mm length 0.3 mm dia. solid boron
* Stylus: PF Line contact shape, stylus radius: 7 x 30 micron
* Weight: 8.9 grams
Läs mer på: www.dynavector.com