The sky’s no longer the limit
The Zodiac is our cost-no-object, limited edition flagship loudspeaker.
In creating the Zodiac we began with one very simple but significant question: what if there were no limits? What if we took the Gamut loudspeaker to the ultimate, removing any and all constraints – including price – to create a true masterpiece of musicality?
And so we got to work, pouring in every last ounce of our expertise and drawing on decades of psychoacoustic research and development.
The result? The Zodiac is our masterwork, our magnum opus.
A masterwork doesn’t tend to go into mass production and the Zodiac is no exception. We build our Zodiacs as Steinway build their pianos: one at a time, by hand and with painstaking attention to each tiny detail at every step of the way. Nothing is rushed. Everything is given the utmost care and attention.
Just 12 pairs will be crafted each year – one per month, each bearing the relevant sign of the astrological zodiac.
What’s more, our chief designer, Benno Baun Meldgaard, will visit each Zodiac owner within 12 months of purchase to fine-tune the Zodiac to your particular listening room.
* 3-way impulse optimised bass reflex floorstanding loudspeaker
* Brand new custom-built drivers, created in collaboration with world-leading driver experts to deliver phenomenal dynamic response
* 1 x 1.5” tweeter: ring radiator, silk cone, neodymium magnet
* 1 x 7” mid-range: sliced paper cone, impregnated with a bespoke blend of natural oils
* 3 x 10″ woofer: paper cone, with Gamut solid wood dust cap for superior pistonic performance
* Drive units meticulously phase-aligned for pin-sharp soundstaging and flawless timing
* 3-way phase and impulse linear crossover design with DC coupled mid-range
* Crossover points 350 Hz & 2,250 Hz
* Crossover features superlative quality copper and silver capacitors from Danish experts Jantzen Audio
* Highly complex body showcases a new system of internal spacing, in which the mid-range and woofer chambers are semi-separated by bespoke acoustic filters, thus maximising the openness and dynamic response of the mid-range
* 21-28 layers (varies by section) of sustainably-sourced hand-selected real wood veneers, form-pressed into solid wood panels
* Frequency response 16Hz to 40 kHz
* Nominal impedance 4 Ω
* Minimum impedance 2.9 Ω @ 180 Hz
* Sensitivity 90 dB / 2.83 V
* Dimensions (mm): 1,650 (height) / 310 (width) / 680 (depth)
* Weight 196 kg
Läs mer på: http://www.gamutaudio.com/